Saturday, July 03, 2010

Belize trip, addendum

I forgot to relate two incidents/observations from the Belize trip.
The first night in our lodging at Kings College, I locked myself into my room. I shut to door to change clothes and when I went to re-open the door, the knob came off in my hand. The two students and I had a good laugh as we communicated through the door and I finally found a way to operate the latch mechanism using the handle of a comb.
Kings College had a very regimented schedule for the students. That being said, there wasn't much for the three of us to do after dinner time, as all of the students, teachers and staff had prescribed activities. So we would head back to our cabin, sit in the hard kitchen-style chairs, chat about the day and good-naturedly argue over who could have access to my laptop (with no internet). We didn't even have cell phone service. So I frequently went to bed around 8pm, even though I wasn't tired. This led to a lot of jokes about why people in similar living situations have such large families; come evening, there isn't much left to do, except well, you know.
Similar ideas explored here:
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/asia/article6695338.ece

1 Comments:

Blogger shannylove said...

haha that is funny!

11:10 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home