Tuesday, December 29, 2009

pet statues

Over Labor Day weekend I took a lovely trip to Sedona, Arizona (housing courtesy of my sister and brother-in-law). I kept seeing this adorable, locally-made animal figurines in the shops and badly wanted to purchase one as a memento of my trip, but I just couldn't justify the shelf space for another knick-knack. Then I visited the art colony in nearby Jerome AZ and had a chance to actually meet the artist, Janie. Here is her website http://janielayersart.com/ with lots of pictures of her adorable creations. I'm always a sucker for anything involving my own beautiful pets, so I asked if she did commissions. She does, so I sent her pictures and info about my sweeties and I recently received these beauties in the mail:












She did an excellent job capturing their personalities and I will always treasure these.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Kristine Reed said...

these are cute! how much did she charge? i may want to do the same with drake and sweet pea.

12:30 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home