Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Mice and blizzards

Last fall I had trouble with mice, so I was expecting to see some "mouse evidence" again this year. Last year's crew only left evidence and I just caught one or two fleeting glances of actual mice. However, this fall I had a brave little visitor. This mouse explored the house as brave as could be, with one very interested cat (Cleofus) following along behind it and occasionally (gently!) stroking it. Eventually Sheba spotted it and was very interested in catching it, but she couldn't get into the small spaces that it hung out in. I was totally at a loss for what to do - screaming and freaking out was a natural response, but I managed to hang on to reason and just tried to avoid the wretched thing, hoping it would find it's way back out. Evidence strongly suggests that Sheba caught (and ate) it in the middle of the night. Lovely. The next day I distributed some poison packets around the house and have seen limited evidence since then. And now we are in the grips of freezing winter and the mice are no longer a problem. Whew.



As I previously reported, we had the great fortune of having a snow day on December 9th. It was a wonderful day to hang around the house. I did some work in the morning and then spent the afternoon working on stained glass, doing stuff around the house and playing World of Warcraft. Ah. I did try to get Sheba out in the snow - my neighbor's dog Magic loves the snow and we thought it would be cute to get some video of them together. As I've said before, Sheba doesn't like the snow. And this was deep snow. And it was very cold and windy. Here are the resulting videos:




1 Comments:

Anonymous Kristine Reed said...

adorable video footage of sheba running through the snow and of sheba and cleofus "hunting" the mouse. was the second video sheba or your neighbor's dog, magic?

12:34 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home