Thursday, December 31, 2009

still doing stained glass

As the weather has gotten colder, I've resumed doing the stained glass projects. I've attended two wonderful workshops at the local "Works of Glass" facility where I took classes and bought all of my supplies.
One was for a hanging garden:
and one was for a bay-leaf wreath. The first workshop for this project filled up before I could get my name on the list and I was very disappointed. I was so glad that they opened up another class. I spent a large amount of my "snow day" working on the pieces for this one. It now hangs in my office:
And finally I finished my first completely independent project here at home:
I've spent the past few days cutting the pieces for a new copper-foil project (a yellow bird with red flowers, ISU colors). I still need to foil and solder that project, so it probably won't be finished for at least another week. I *do* need to get back to work soon. And as a mark of a true stained glass enthusiast, I recently bought a piece of glass just because it was pretty. I don't know yet what I will do with it, but I'm sure the appropriate project will come along.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Joan said...

Love all the pieces

7:11 AM EST  
Anonymous Kristine Reed said...

oh my goodness, laura! you have gotten quite good at this. you inspire me to take up stained glass too. :)

12:23 PM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home