Friday, July 02, 2010

new kitty

Shortly after my last post (i.e. more than 6 months ago), I went out and got a new kitty. For years I had planned that my "next" cat would be a yellow male tabby that I could name Tyrion, after a beloved book character. So in early January I headed to the local pet rescue and brought home this sweet guy.
He's very sweet and friendly. I have yet to see him show any aggression to the other cat or towards Sheba, or to even see him hiss at or bite anything. He actually seems to like Sheba, frequently rubbing up against her (the feeling is not mutual as Sheba gets away as soon as she can). He has taken over many of Cassie's old jobs, including meeting me at the door in the evening, letting me know when it's time for cat feeding (starting about an hour before it's ACTUALLY time for cat feeding) and supervising the food prep.
He adapted well to life in this house. The first few days were full of excursions to inappropriate places, such as the top of the stove and behind the washer and dryer. After living in a cage for 6 months, he also seemed to struggle with 3D, as he would frequently, and seemingly randomly, roll right off the bed and sofa. But he does quite well now. The next order of business to for him to learn his name. Judging from my other male cat, this could take years.
He's always game for being held and petted and has a nice loud purr to share. I still miss Cassie and her big personality very much, but am glad to have this sweet guy around. Once again, I can't say enough good thing about animals from the pet rescue. There are more pictures of him here.

2 Comments:

Blogger shannylove said...

i loved the pictures! the one of tyrion practically hanging off the bed is adorable. i also like the one where he is next to cleofus. was that their doing or yours? at any rate, i just wish my kitties could be that close to each other without trying to go for the jugular...

11:06 PM EDT  
Blogger Laura said...

Thanks! He is such a sweetie. The sitting-together photo was not staged, but it was certainly short-lived. They were actually sitting on my lap at the time. Tyrion just has no clue that the other two might not like him.

8:41 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home