Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall Fun

We've had two weeks of beautiful warm weather here. It's been up into the mid 70s each day and has been just gorgeous. Sheba and I have been walking a lot. Today we went back to Ledges State Park, about 15 miles east of Ames, and did some of the "uppity" trails. We've been back to the local public woods several times too. I've also been taking advantage of the local farmer's market, which will continue through mid-October. Some new-to-me finds include pattypan squash and non-traditional-colored (but still yummy) watermelon.









I'm still settling into the new job. I've now written, given and graded the first exam for my class; I learned more from the experience than my students did.
I had a scary experience with Sheba last week. For the past few weeks, I've been tying her up outside during the day so that she can enjoy the nice weather while it lasts. I came home one day to find her in her normal spot, but no longer attached to her tie-out cable. Apparently she had pulled hard enough to break her chain collar. I'll probably never know what motivated her to break free, but I'm just glad that she wasn't hurt or lost. So no more tie-outs for her. BUT, my backyard neighbor has just installed a large fence around her yard. She has invited Sheba to spend the day with her dog, Magic. Sheba loves playing with Magic, so we'll give it a try and see how it goes. There are more new pictures here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rivr Media Studios said...

I enjoyed your blog. I hope you get a chance to check mine out!

9:25 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home