Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Beach Trip

I only have a few weekends left to enjoy the wonderful outdoor opportunities here in Florida. This past weekend, I convinced two of my co-workers to make a beach trip with me. My co-workers Jim and Wilmer, Jim's two young sons Luke (6) and Paul (4) and I had a wonderful afternoon at Crescent Beach on the Atlantic Coast. Luke and Paul were tons of fun and the weather was just gorgeous.
We all packed into one car, so we ended up only having to chip in $5 each for gas. Wilmer recently started reading my favorite book series (George RR Martin's "Song of Ice and Fire"), so we had tons to talk about.
Maybe the best part of the day: Wilmer brought along two bags of puffy cheetos. During the drive home, Luke and Paul made SUCH a mess with the cheese powder. It was even in their hair. What made this so enjoyable? The fact that we weren't driving MY car.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bet Jim was *thanking* Wilmer for having bought those dang cheesy puff cheetos! :-) Glad you had a good time with them at the beach. Hard to believe that your time in Florida is already coming to a close.

11:23 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home