Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Milestones

Many of my friends and family members had some major milestones lately.

My niece Abby celebrated her 4th birthday.

My cousin Lindsay graduated from high school; she will be starting college this fall and studying to be a nurse.
My maternal grandmother (Mamaw) turned 80.
Unfortunately, I had to miss all of these celebrations. I am very proud of all of you and would have loved to have been there to celebrate with you.

Another interesting milestone: one of my Weight Watchers friends is a first grade teacher. This year, the students that she taught during her very first year graduated from high school. Apparently one of these students sent her an invitation to his graduation ceremony with a note about how she had been an inspiration and motivator for him. She said that makes the long hours and low salary all worth it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw! Great milestones indeed! Your niece Abby is absolutely adorable and I see the family resemblance.

11:24 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home