Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope your Christmas was as joyful as ours. We had a great celebration today with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew. It's great to see the kids getting older and expressing themselves more clearly. We did our usual meal / Christmas story / presents routine. And then since the weather is so nice, "us girls" went out and watched my niece try out her new bike. There are pictures here.
The drive from Iowa wasn't too bad. I brought Sheba with me and she's always a great traveler. We drove to Peoria, IL on Monday evening and then the rest of the way on Tuesday. Tuesday's weather was pretty bad: strong winds, snows, sleet and rain. I was relieved to make it safely to my parents' place.
It's much warmer here than it has been in Ames. Yesterday was warm enough to take Sheba for a long walk without a coat. Tomorrow it's supposed to be up to 60F, but rainy. I'm trying to enjoy the warmth while I'm here. We'll probably head back to Ames on Sunday afternoon or Monday.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home