Monday, March 26, 2007

Sheba!

Sheba, the dog that I adopted from the local pet rescue, came home last Thursday. There are pictures here and a video here. So far I have been absolutely thrilled with her temperment and behavior. She is incredibly affectionate, completely housebroken and doesn't mess with things (i.e. trash) that aren't hers. She walks well on her leash, at least most of the time. Several people that we have passed on our walks have commented on what a good dog she is. She does have a small weakness for kitty chasing that we are working on. For now, I have put up a baby gate so that the cats can hang out in the bedroom in peace, though both (especially Cassie) are willing to come into the living room ocassionally. Speaking of Cassie, she is recovering very well from her bad asthma attack 2 weeks ago.

My dear friend Kristine Reed will be arriving here tomorrow afternoon. She is currently on spring break from UCSD and I am thrilled that she will be spending part of that time here. We have a lot of fun activities planned, including checking out the Jacksonville Zoo and kayaking at Cedar Key. I'm sure I'll have some photos to post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Beawhiz said...

I'm glad that Cassie is okay! Sheba is beautiful! I hope she has gotten over her kitty chasing penchant! : )

12:04 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home