Thursday, March 08, 2007

dog!

Hello everyone. I am pleased to announce that I am adopting a dog from the local pet rescue center. She is a wonderful 4-year old bull mix. She will be coming home next Thursday (3.15.07). Her name is Sheba; I'm not crazy about that name, but she responds to it so I guess I'll keep it. I have been readying the apartment for her arrival (baby gate, kennel, bed, toys) and the cats suspect something is up. Sheba supposedly interacts well with the cats at her foster home, but it should still be an interesting adjustment period for all of us. Speaking of my pets, there are some new videos of Cleofus on youtube; just follow the "Laura's videos" link on the right.

Today is my nephew's 1st birthday - Happy Birthday Jacob! The family will be having a birthday party for him this weekend so I'm headed to Lexington tomorrow. I'm very glad to have the opportunity to join in the celebration - I've missed both of my neice's birthdays thus far. Next week is also my mom's birthday, so we'll be celebrating that this weekend too.

My research advisor, Dr. Lonnie Ingram, had a personal meeting with President Bush recently. The meeting is described here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home