Friday, December 15, 2006

I will be hosting a small holiday party for some of my labmates tomorrow night. The thought of having company was great motivation to clean my apartment, hang some remaining pictures and finally finish unpacking. OK, so I didn't actually finish unpacking but I did move the boxes into the bedroom. I've got meatballs in the oven right now and then I need to make some brownies and a Dump Cake (bad name, good dessert). I'm looking forward to some social interaction! The party was also a good excuse to download some new music from iTunes, which I am greatly enjoying right now, especially the classic Stevie Wonder and James Taylor.

On Wednesday I'll be flying to Kentucky for Christmas. In comparison to the 13-hour drive, the flight there will take less than 5 hours. I'm flying directly from Gainesville to Lexington, with a connection in Atlanta. Flying definately saves time, but then I have the disadvantage of being without a car in Lexington. Regardless, I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends.

I picked up one of my "Little House" books this week and (as always) great enjoyed reading it. I may have to go through the whole series again. I feel a little silly enjoying those so much, but they really are great books. Plus they have short chapters, pictures and large print - what more could you ask for? During the move from Kentucky to California we stopped at two of the Little House sites: Mansfield, Missouri (where Laura spent most of her adult life) and the Kansas Little House replica. Two other sites (De Smet, South Dakota and Walnut Grove, Minnesota) are within a few hours of Ames, Iowa - so I'm looking forward to visiting those someday. And for the people who think I am too old to be reading these books - I also frequently reread the Ramona Quimby books.

Merry Christmas to everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home